ACI UK DEALING SIMULATION COURSE – Industry Practitioners’ Guide to Today’s FX/OTC Markets
Download brochure here
- Intensive, hands-on, 5-day residential course – one of a kind
- Fastest, most interactive, way to understand roles, relationships and trading dynamics in Foreign Exchange (and OTC) markets
- Guided by market practitioners, undertake roles of Chief Dealer, Trader, Broker and Client in hands-on, event-driven, simulated trading environment
- Learn from industry experts about current (and future) markets regulation, strategies, principles, conduct and compliance
One of a kind Course for individuals in front, middle and back office roles and in risk, regulatory and compliance positions seeking a comprehensive introduction to the dynamics and relationships of these markets.
Whether you want to improve your understanding of your work environment, further your career in FX/OTC financial markets or support continuing professional development plans with an accredited learning experience (CPD credits*), this unique Course will deliver an unparalleled insight into the interaction between traders, sales, brokers, prime brokers, customers, middle and back offices, risk, legal and compliance teams and regulators throughout the transaction life-cycle.
*Accredited by The CPD Certification Service for Continuing Professional Development credits.
More about the Course
Run over 5 days as a residential course, delegates learn the role of a Chief Dealer, Prop Trader and Broker in intensive, hands on ‘trading sessions’ in a simulated dealing environment, with regular lectures and presentations providing insight into regulation, new FX Code of Conduct principles and obligations, technical analysis, risk management, trading psychology, trading relationships, clearing, prime brokerage and other subjects relevant to today’s FX and OTC financial markets.
Course run in accordance with the FX Global Code and ACI Market Practice Guidelines for best practice, integrity and professionalism in FX/OTC trading.
Use electronic broking and pricing technologies to ‘trade’ with ‘counterparties’ representing banks, hedge funds, corporates, asset management and Central Banks, reacting to news, economic headlines and other announcements generated by a ‘real-time’ scrolling news service.
Delegates work in teams for the duration of the Course, encouraging team work, relationship building and a genuinely competitive and exciting trading experience.
All delegates sit an exam at the end of the Course and receive a tailored Performance Report highlighting key strengths and overall commitment to the programme. This offers invaluable insight into a delegate’s understanding of the markets in which they operate and how well they work in a team ithin in a highly pressured and challenging environment. (NB Sponsoring employers also receive this information).
By the end of the Course, delegates will have gained a thorough understanding of:
• Role of dealers, sales desks, brokers, prime brokers and clients
• Current and evolving regulation, compliance and conduct obligations
• Methods and psychologies of trading
• Risk management strategies
• Role of Central Banks
• Technical analysis