20% Delegate Discount with Code: ED20ACIUK
“I would have an expectation over the coming years to see boards and senior leadership of native, national institutions working hard to deliver diversity and change culture… And if we are seeing that progress is not happening, then at some point it becomes a supervisory matter and it may even become a matter that we would need to deal with in how we decide or prevent appointments or not”
Nikhil Rathi, Chief Executive, Financial Conduct Authority
We are delighted to announce that the Ethnic Diversity in the City and Corporate UK Summit will take place on 21 January 2021.
John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury and City Minister
Dr Tony Sewell CBE, Chair of the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities and Managing Director, Generating Genius
The Black Lives Matter movement has heightened awareness of the stark lack of racial diversity in the City and across Corporate UK. The FCA’s policy to encourage firms to hire more ethnic minority candidates in senior roles is just a part of wider efforts to tackle a widespread problem. This timely conference will provide delegates with an in-depth understanding of the most effective measures and approaches to promote equality and diversity in the City and Corporate UK.
Discussion themes include:
- Why is greater racial diversity and equality a business imperative today?
- What works and what doesn’t for current and future ethnically diverse leaders and how effective the existing measures and approaches to promote equality and diversity have been?
- Ethnic diversity in the boardroom – reality, insights and recommendations.
- From trust to inclusion – practical tips and most effective strategies for integrating the Ethnicity Pay Gap initiative and The Race at Work Charter into your business routine. What has and what hasn’t worked so far?
- Examining unconscious recruitment bias, including how to make the business case for investment in people and how to overcome the issues that currently prevent the creation of opportunities for ethnically diverse talents today?
t:+44 (0) 1932 340 115 Use code: ED20ACIUK